Everyone comes to that point sometimes where they just don't know what they should do next.
Maybe someone you adored died. Or they left.
Whatever may be the case, the bottom line is you are still here. And it doesn't matter what happened. It is part of you and your past. It is time to weep for what is lost and then refocus on what there is left.
Where do you go from here? Anywhere you want!
The world is a very big place. However, as we get lost in our small lives, we often forget the raging opportunities that rest at our fingertips. Like what you ask?
- Traveling to another country.
- Going to another country to teach English for six months or a year just for the opportunity.
- A return to college to either take a course you are interested in or to start a whole new degree program.
- Learn a new art form: pottery, photography, ceramics, painting, or some modern technique.
- Learn a new home craft: sewing, cooking, glass making, woodworking, knitting, crocheting, baking or a hundred others. (Stop by your local art store and take a look around).
- Start an online business selling books, toys, or other things and use the money to finance a new project or even become your main income.
- Start a business of your dreams.
- Take an acting class; try out for plays or even movie extras.
- Learn to play an instrument.
- Learn how to wild harvest plants and make your own herbal medicines.
- Plant a garden.
- Learn how to make homemade wine or beer.
- Learn a new sport or take up dancing.
- Join a community choir.
- Start writing.
- Read two books a week: one fiction and one nonfiction.
- Become active in politics.
- Volunteer for something that has your passion: animal rescue, women's shelter etc.
- Research your ancestry at www.ancestry.com
The bottom line is you don't need permission to live your life. When something leaves our life, we must replace it with something else, not SOMEONE else. Most people make the fatal mistake of moving relationship to relationship but never truly knowing themselves or developing themselves.
Success in life is not something that is given to you. Neither will opportunity come find you. You are the designer of your own life. Many Christians falsely believe God does all the work. He fully expects you to make choices and take action to move forward. He will help you. But at the same time we are not mindless minions. We are co-creators of our lives.
Take loss as a catalyst to propel you to evolve your mind, talents, skills, and focus.
Life is about gain and then loss. We all experience it. We all face losing our parents and standing on their graves and wondering how time could go so quickly. In fact, some of us have cried so hard and wished upon all wishes for a time machine just to go back for a day or even an hour. But that cannot happen. So cry your loss. But then get moving. Start small.
Look at the list above. Does anything there appeal to you? Add it to your list.
Get a big white poster board. This will be your vision board. This will be a reminder of what you want to do to evolve your life. Cut out pictures of the places and things you want to experience and glue them to this board. Put this board above your desk. Look at it every day.
Next take action. If money is tight, start with the new side job or weekend job. Or the online selling idea can become the money fuel to finance your new interests or hobbies.
Never give up. Never stop. And see where your new path takes you. Stop once in a while and remember who you lost. But never let that memory choke the life out of you.
They wouldn't want that. Here is a secret. You will see that person again. But they wouldn't want you stop living your life. You must complete your life cycle here. There are so many people you will encounter on the journey. And these people need you. And you need them.
Where do I go from here?
Where do you go from here?
Where ever our dreams take us.
Let's get started.